This project aims to improve the nutritional status of more than three million people in Africa and South Asia, primarily women and children, by helping them to access nutrition-based agricultural and health information using mobile technology.
ILRI is part of a consortium appointed as the global content provider to the wider mNutrition initiative. Led by CABI, this component of the initiative is implemented in 14 countries by the consortium to help millions of poor women and their families access, and act on, sound nutritional information and advice. The target countries are: Bangladesh, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Consortium members will collectively implement the following major work packages:
- Develop general and country content frameworks
- Establish partnerships in-country to guide implementation of content services
- Landscape analysis by country
- Host country technical launch workshops
- Develop nutrition knowledge bank
- Develop localized mobile ready content
- Provide technical assistance to content implementers
- Refine content framework and develop sustainable business models based on lessons learned